The WA Branch of the Statistical Society of Australia (SSA) is pleased to offer a minimum of two scholarships for in-person attendance of the 2023 Australian Statistical Conference (ASC2023) and Australian Conference on Teaching Statistics (OZCOTS), held in Wollongong from 10 - 15 December 2023.
These scholarships are open to all early career and student statisticians who are members of the SSA, and cover up to $550 of the conference registration fee (equivalent to SSA Early Career Member Early-bird ASC/OZCOTS rate).
To be eligible, applicants must satisfy the following:
- Be a current member of the WA Branch of the SSA at the time of application.
- Be an early career or student statistician (definition here).
- Have accepted an offer from the conference organising committee to present a talk or poster in-person at ASC/OZCOTS2023.
- Registered for the conference before 31 July 2023 (the deadline for Early Bird registration).
- Provide evidence, e.g., invoices, receipts, of the registration fees paid so that correct reimbursement can be arranged.
Applications will be assessed by the WA Branch
Council taking into consideration other funding awards and proximity to
recipients are required to acknowledge the support of the SSA WA Branch
in their talk or poster presentation, and submit a write-up of their
experience after returning from the conference.
Enquiries about this scholarship should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications closed on 31 July 2023 at 5:00PM AWST.