Call for paper and workshops: 17th IEEE International Conference on Big Data Science and Engineering (BigDataSE-2023)
Big data is an emerging paradigm applied to datasets whose size is beyond the ability of commonly used software tools to capture, manage, and process the data within a tolerable elapsed time. The BigDataSE-2023 is going to provide a prime international forum for researchers, industry practitioners and environment experts to exchange the latest fundamental advances in the state-of-the-art practice of Big Data and broadly related areas. The goal of this conference is to promote community-wide discussion for identifying advanced applications, technologies and theories for big data. We seek submissions of papers that invent novel techniques, investigate new applications, introduce advanced methodologies, propose promising research directions and discuss approaches for unsolved issues.
BigDataSE-2023 will be hosted in Exeter, the capital city of Devon and provides the county with a central base for education, medicine, religion, commerce and culture. The city is also home to the magnificent Exeter Cathedral, which dates back to Norman times. Exeter is also ideally placed to base a trip to branch out visiting places such as the famous Dartmoor National Park and the unspoilt beaches of the North and South Devon coastlines.
Prospective authors are invited to submit their papers to BigDataSE-2023. All accepted papers are expected to be included in IEEE Xplore and will be indexed by Engineering Index (EI). The authors of selected best papers will be invited post conference to extend their contributions for special issues of prestigious journals to be planned in conjunction with the conference.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
* Systems, Models and Algorithms
* Big Data novel theory, algorithm and applications
* Big Data standards
* Big Data mining and analytics
* Big Data Infrastructure, MapReduce and Cloud Computing
* Big Data visualization
* Big Data curation and management
* Big Data semantics, scientific discovery and intelligence
* Big Data performance analysis and large-scale deployment
* Security, privacy, trust, and legal issues to big data
* Big Data vs Big Business and Big Industry
* Large data stream processing on cloud
* Large incremental datasets on cloud
* Distributed and federated datasets
* NoSQL data stores and DB scalability
* Big Data placement, scheduling, and optimization
* Distributed file systems for Big Data
* MapReduce for Big Data processing, resource scheduling and SLA
* Performance characterization, evaluation and optimization
* Simulation and debugging systems and tools for MapReduce and Big Data
* Volume, Velocity, Variety, Value and Veracity of Big Data
* Multiple source data processing and integration with MapReduce
* Storage and computation management of Big Data
* Large-scale big data workflow management
* Mobility and big data
* Sensor network, social network and big data
* Big data applications
PAPER SUBMISSION GUIDELINE
All papers need to be submitted electronically through the conference submission website (https://hpcn.exeter.ac.uk/bigdatase/<https://hpcn.exeter.ac.uk/bigdatase2023/>) with PDF format. The materials presented in the papers should not be published or under submission elsewhere. Each paper is limited to 8 pages (or 10 pages with over length charge) including figures and references using IEEE Computer Society Proceedings Manuscripts style (two columns, single-spaced, 10 fonts).
Once accepted, the paper will be included into the IEEE conference proceedings published by IEEE Computer Society Press (indexed by EI). At least one of the authors of any accepted paper is requested to register the paper at the conference.
CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS
BigdataSE-2023 is inviting proposals for high-quality workshops to complement its scientific program. Workshop topics should fall within the broad area of Big Data Science and Engineering. The workshop organizers are highly encouraged to include interactive and hands-on working sessions.
The organizers of approved workshops are responsible for advertising their workshops, collecting papers, managing the review process, making accepted papers available to workshop participants (e.g., workshop website).Conference facilities such as meeting rooms, wireless Internet and meals will be provided by the main conference local organizers.
WORKSHOP PROPOSAL SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Workshop proposals should be formatted as a single PDF document of 1-2 pages, describing the following:
* The full name and acronym of the workshop
* A description of the theme of the workshop and its key topics
* A tentative list of workshop chairs
* A tentative CFP
To Submit: Please email your proposal to email@example.com with the title “BigDataSE Workshop Proposal”.
* Workshop Proposal: 15 May 2023
* Paper Submission Deadline: 1 July 2023
* Authors Notification: 1 September 2023
* Final Manuscript due: 1 October 2023
* Registration Due: 1 October 2023
* Conference Date: 1-3 November 2023