The Statistical Society of Australia (SSA) is offering a Careers Masterclass over three weeks with Career Success Australia for our members.
Stuck in rut? Looking for a career change? Before you go on the hunt for new beginnings, make sure you attend one or all of these three classes.
The Masterclass will be divided into three 2 hour sessions once a week:
28 September 2023 12-2pm AEST
5 October 2023 12-2pm AEDT
12 October 2023 12-2pm AEDT
Session 1: Resume and Cover Letter writing (28 September 2023)
- Resume objectives & template review
- Application Tracking Systems
- Contact information
- Keyword optimised Profile statement
- Volunteer experience/Internships
- Previous employment (responsibilities and achievements)
- Key skills, achievements & competencies
- How to apply, where to apply and following up
- Cover Letter structure
Session 2: Networking and LinkedIn tactics (5 October 2023)
- Optimising your LinkedIn Profile
- Finding key recruiters and companies
- Networking strategies and connections
- Groups and finding employers
- Keywork optimisation for your profile
- Hidden job market strategies
Session 3: Job interview training (12 October 2023)
- Phone Vs Zoom Vs in person
- Body language
- Opening pitch ‘tell me about yourself’
- Technical and behavioural questions and the STAR method
- Questions to ask
Attendees will develop skills and knowledge to help them:
a. Understand how to create their Resume & Cover Letter
b. Learn what employers are looking for when screening Resumes
c. How to write Resumes to secure interviews
d. How to network and find jobs in the hidden job market
e. How to succeed in job interviews
Come to one or come for all!
Our Careers Masterclass is offered at an extra special rate for SSA members to show our appreciation of your ongoing loyalty. Others may attend, paying the higher non-member rate or take out membership with SSA, allowing them to take advantage of the competitive member price, as well as many other member benefits (see a list here). Full membership is currently available from $240 and student membership is available for $20. Sign up for membership here.
The SSA intends to hold more classes such as this Masterclass series. What topics are you interested in? Email SSA’s Event Coordinator, Jodi Phillips, with your suggestion(s).
Do not forget to use your SSA registered email address in order to pay the SSA member price.
Please decide carefully before registering, as we are not offering payment refunds for this event series. However, registrations are transferable within the same organisation. Please advise any changes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the transfer will apply to the whole series.