The Statistical Society of Australia (SSA) is looking for a home-based Events Coordinator, responsible for the administration and running of SSA’s online events (webinars and workshops). A background in statistics or event planning is not required.
This is a casual position which should require between 6-8 hours a week. The hours are flexible but should be distributed over (at least) two days. The holder of this position will report to the SSA Executive Officer.
The hourly rate is $35 (including casual loading), plus 9.5% superannuation in accordance with the Superannuation Guarantee (Administration) Act 1992 (earnings over $450 monthly).
Required skills and experience:
- Experience with online video conferencing, such as Zoom
- High degree of computer literacy, including MS Excel skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to build effective relationships
- A willing attitude and team mentality
The successful candidate will assist with online event administration, including
- Uploading events to the SSA website
- Setting up event registration types
- Preparing automated event emails and event reminders
- Advertising events on the SSA website’s discussion forum, in the SSA newsletter and on SSA’s social media channels
- Issuing participation certificates where required
- Seeking and dealing with event feedback
- Providing technical assistance during SSA’s online events
- Holding practice meetings with presenters
- Liaising with SSA’s Vice President (Membership), the Executive Officer and the webinar presenters
- Liaising with the branches and sections when they require assistance with their online events
- Editing and uploading event recordings
- Keeping and maintaining electronic records of all events
Some training will be provided.
To apply for this position please email your resume and a cover Letter to email@example.com.
In the cover letter please outline why this role appeals to you and highlight any relevant experience.
Applications close Sunday, 8 November 2020.